BELT DESIGNS is committed to producing the highest level of service and privacy to its customers. We have implemented secure transaction procedures for all your on-line activity via this website using encrypted SSL technology. Any credit or debit card details submitted by you on our Website will not be stored on our systems but by our payment processors. A padlock symbol should appear in your browser window when you are in a secure environment.
We may collect some personal information that you submit voluntarily when purchasing Goods from us. This information will be stocked and used with utmost care by us to provide your requested services, such as delivery of Goods purchased on our Website and confirmation of your order via the e-mail address provided.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We will also store your IP address for security and fraud prevention purposes.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We may share your information with affiliated companies and/or business partners who provide services on our behalf, for example with our carriers who will deliver your orders and our payment processors where you submit you credit/ debit card details. In these cases, we will only provide them the information that they need to perform their functions and we require of them the highest level of service possible.
We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal and Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We also use various couriers and sometimes third party fulfillment centers to process and deliver orders placed on this website. Your data will be passed to these third parties to enable them to deliver your order.
We mainly use Royal Mail and Fedex to deliver customer orders if shipped from our main warehouse in the UK. However as we sell our products globally we do hold stock in many countries and therefore your order maybe dispatched from one of the fulfillment centers we use around the globe depending on where you are based. If your parcel is shipped from one of the fulfillment companies then we cannot know which courier they will use. We currently use Amazon for fulfillment of some of our international orders.
National and International Transfers
Under certain circumstances, we may also be legally required to share your information with local authorities.
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to assist with our response.
To un-subscribe from e-mailing updates and newsletters, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each e-mail, or contact us at the above email address.
Cookies are small text files stored by your device when you access most websites on the internet.
Cookies can be either:
- Session cookies which enable us to maintain your shopping basket and any details you submit during your visit so you can navigate freely around our Website before checking out. These expire when you close your browser and do not remain on your computer.
- Persistent cookies which enable us to recognize you when revisiting our website. They assist us with your shopping and/or navigation preferences for a later date so we can improve our personal service to you.
Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
Please note that although you can disable cookies on your browser, doing so will prevent you from using some essential features on our Website.
List of Third Party Cookies
- Google – Google cookies allow us to use Google Analytics to measure web performance and advertising
- Pinterest – Allows The “Pin This” functionality
- Twitter – Allows the “tweet ” functionality
- Facebook – Allows the “like this” functionality
- Mailchimp – We use Mailchimp for Newsletter subscriptions
Website visitors who do not want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings